23 April 2010

Starting out

My name is Sean. My full name is Sean O'Brien. I was born 24 September 1983. So, hence my online identity, SOB1983. So, why SOB? Doesn't it represent something bad....like son-of-a-bitch? Yes...and that's actually why I chose the handle. Some online multiplayer games that I enjoy, mainly Generals Zero Hour, when I'd play at LAN parties back in the day, any time I made a serious attack, people would cry "Son of a bitch!" and I'd reply "Yes I am..." just because it fit my initials so well.

So, why the blog title "Life is an Album" and what does it mean? Well, blogs are a way to talk about life....what you learn, what you feel, epiphanies, and share them with the world. Is that not what music does? I love music with a passion, but am not inclined to all types. Like most people, I listen to music that speaks to me and talks about how I feel about certain things. So, since I'm not the most musically inclined person, I chose to make this blog space into my version of an "album". Therefore, life is, in it's own way, a musical masterpiece and each is unique in its special way. My personal music of choice includes post-grunge, hard rock, metal, and even some christian music. Throw in some classic rock and call it a day. I just can't feel the new-age R&B love fantasies or the urban hip-hop/rap scene. And I definitely can't dig country. There are a FEW exceptions to these however. In future "tracks" (blogs), I'll go into detail.

A little more about me....I am a 26-year old college student, originally hail from Seattle, WA. I attended Highline High School there, graduated 2002 after a crappy childhood. Somehow, while many people tend to lose their minds over crappy childhoods, I have stayed sane and true to myself. I am a very abstract thinker and respect other people's views for what they are. As long as I am not the subject of animosity, I can carry conversations as long as people are open to my opinion. I may look down on someone's opinion, but the person should not feel attacked by my disagreement. Arguing is a way to see things from other people's perspectives and learn and grow as a person. Debating is trying to make your position on an issue the correct one. Fighting is unnecessary and is totally different from both prior actions. I am not perfect and I don't expect anybody in this world to be, so be open and be yourself (at least when you talk with me).

So, I invite any comments, issues, and ideas to make me want to continue this masterpiece (Blog). I am a person always wanting to grow and learn in this world. Different opinions are great ways to see the world. Just talk to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment